Search this Blog

Pageviews

Saturday, August 8, 2026

Eye doesn’t lie 🌈

 




Your fundamental error lies in underestimating the importance of human eyes. You see, the tongue can hide the truth, but the eyes never can.


(Mikhail Bulgakov)



4 comments:

Alun Severn said...

Ah, the 'Corto Maltese' from Eau Sauvage adverts of the very early 2000s! I must say I didn't realise that this artwork was by Hugo Pratt and had a life prior to becoming one of the face of Eau Sauvage. OK, back to music and associated concerns...

twogoodears said...

Believe it or not not: I didn’t know my hero Corto Maltese was used by Dior 🫣 for me, it was a way of sofa-traveling before I began traveling myself… Hugo Pratt was a genius, a quantity of cross-references that opened up parallel worlds.

twogoodears said...

Since I was in my earliest teens onward

Alun Severn said...

👍 👍 👍