In August 1958, I was fortunate enough to visit the Louisiana Museum, 30 km north of Copenhagen. It had just opened and was named after its founder in honor of his three wives, all named Louise. I fell in love with this museum, which blends creativity, nature, art, and culture.
Every time I could, I returned to experience the intense joy of the beauty unfolding before my eyes. Each time, it was enriched with new masterpieces scattered throughout the Nordic wilderness or displayed on the walls of one of the building's wings.
Today, the exhibition boasts works by Giacometti, Francis Bacon, a collection of 100 paintings by Lucien Freud, and many other world-famous artists. Friends, if you ever find yourself in the north, don't miss this opportunity. If you can, enjoy Helsinore Castle, just a few kilometers away, and Karen Blixen's house. But be careful not to overindulge in... “Cailles au sarcofage” as Karen tells us in the immortal “Babette’s Feast”…
💫












No comments:
Post a Comment