Talking about something extraordinarily pleasant that just happened seems annoying and redundant to me, useless.
The silence and the contemplation of an event which simply doesn’t need any further word whatsoever, is a one-of-a-kind condition which seldom happens: I can say I experienced when reaching an hiking spot and looking at a broad landscape of mountains.
To same extent, there is absolutely no need for ebullient prose with high-sounding words: silence is noble enough to describe (my very personal interpretation of) musical perfection.
Recently, forced to be stuck at home due to the very unpleasant heatwave and humidity, I more and more intimately entered into the really amazing introspective capabilities of my “new” audio system and I found myself - usually quite prone to hype here and there - speechless and content about this condition.
Not a passive condition, but something VERY similar to the above example of gazing at a hard-earned view of an amazing, unique landscape achieved after hours of arduous walking.
The Gotorama 2.0 system provides such a primitive and primordial joy that transcends words that too often mislead or mask the true essence of feelings and sensations.
To my HUGE surprise, the daily use of the recently overhauled Meridian 500 Mk I/563 transport/DAC combo gave to the whole system a synergy and an extremely relaxed, yet detailed and not euphonious character, where music flows effortlessly and deeply involving.
I still remember Jean Hiraga, who visited my Studietto on August 2013, wrote in his review about my system on his “Stereo Prestige” magazine something similar about the old trusty Meridian’s, which surprised him for its top-notch sonics despite its venerable vintage… something even more impressive and surprising nowadays, 13 years after JH’s considerations, which I heartfeltly and completely subscribe.
My recent addiction to Eberhard Weber’s music - after having appreciated him for years as an excellent double bass player without fully understanding his unique qualities as a composer - brought me to re-listen to his ECM ‘70s production and I don't remember ever having "entered" so intimately into the music of a musician and composer... I mean that deep and complete, complex understanding of the ineffable beauty of sound world created by the pure and beautiful mind of a unique musician.
Words - which I am necessarily using - are sometimes overrated, indeed.
I’m right now listening to some Eberhard Weber’s music… and if I stop writing, immediately my mind get empty and still, in awe: for the beauty of sounds and of melodies… but - almost instantly - I’m not able to argue, anymore: just an urgent, soft, sweet need to timidly and privately cry with joy… but, just enough time to think about this feeling, and a timid tear to moisten my eyes.
Inexplicably, innocently, ineffably…
💫







No comments:
Post a Comment