Search this Blog

Pageviews

Sunday, August 9, 2026

EMILAR EC-600 💫

 


From Rich Brown:


Just trying to find the link between EMILAR and GOTO bass horns and drivers. Supposedly, Kevin Brooks sold a pair of EC-600s’ to GOTO about 20-25 years ago and they developed their larger compression driver based on the EC600 (6” Ø diaphragm). Wondering if you could help out with the history on this.


EMILAR EC-600 vs JBL 275, for size comparison.
 

Unfortunately, I cannot help Rich with more info on the matter… sure it’s an amazing scoop about the development of much beloved and sought-after Goto SG-146LD bass-driver, 146 mm Ø diaphragm (~ 6 inches).

What the Japanese people did was - nonetheless  - awesome, as they augmented the magnetic flux to an incredibly high 2,5 Tesla, greatly improving over the model.


… at a cost 😉

💫


6 comments:

max9184 said...

Hi Stefano, beautiful drivers and a spectacular Goto SG-146LD. How many strands make up the Litz wire you use, and what is its diameter? I’d love to try it on my Klipschorns.

twogoodears said...

Hi Max. It’s not a Litz wire but a 32 AWG 1930 Siemens solid copper wire with silk dielectric. A reputable seller from Germany had a spool, years ago and I bought 50 meters of it. I suggested these wires to some friends around and they all sort-of fell from the balcony in awe and surprise. They sound magical, indeed.

max9184 said...

Do you remember the seller's name? Thanks

twogoodears said...

Please share an email and I’ll send infos…

U47 said...

The comparison driver in the photo is a JBL 275, not a 375.

twogoodears said...

Thanks for correcting the typo