Search this Blog

Pageviews

Monday, December 27, 2010

Slow Food & Music


My wife recently re-joined the "Slow Food" cohort, after attending to the last, awesome Turin's "Salone Internazionale del Gusto" - i.e. the place to be to know about exotic and esoteric - but most of all, naturally grown and made - foods coming from the Four Corners of the Planet.

Cheese from Tibet, black-beans from Ethiopia, goat-meat from Morocco, eggplants from Southern France and the like and the like and so on and on.

Her subscription to "Slow Food" was also followed by the great bi-monthly magazine, curiously (...) titled "Slow Food";-), and a much worth reading, with topics spanning from food, wine, restaurants, cheese, honey, bread and... music.

At page 30 and 31 on # 48 magazine I had the proof I'm an ignorant, as I wasn't aware nor I knew any of the artists and disks quoted by the reviewer, Paolo Bogo... so, quite disappointed, and both intrigued, saddened and amused, I took my chance to browse and surf the Web to have a listen to the ten names of the playlist... and it was a BIG surprise, indeed.

Here is the SF's playlist:

Julian Lynch - Mare
Gonjasufi - A Sufi & a Killer
Bassekou Kouyate & Ngoni Ba - I Speak Fula
Caribou - Swim
Wild Nothing - Gemini
Tame Impala - Innerspeaker
Ariel Pink's Haunted Graffiti - Before Today
Janelle Monae - The Arch/Android
Laura Veirs - July Flame
The Tallest Man on Earth - The Wild Hunt

... weird, don't you?!?!

BUT... much, MUCH worth a search, folks!

A BIG thanks to (Slow Food's founder) Carlo Petrini for... being!

No comments: