Search this Blog

Pageviews

Tuesday, September 14, 2021

Studer C37 T-shaped tool



After the unfaithful Swiss technician tried stealing my C37 which I brought home after 18 months thanking two loyal Swiss friends, I carefully checked the machine when again safely in my hands: some sought-after and pricey E283CC and E188CC tubes were gone - stolen! - and same happened with the T shaped tool placed under the tape-heads cover… also stolen!

The original T-tool 🥇


The original still in-place (mono heads-block), at the Swiss workshop (2018)


I shopped around for the premium tubes needed, but the tool was - WAS - unobtanium.

Mumble-mumble 😏

Thanks to my tape-machines technician who asked to a very, very, very famous Italian artist studio-manager - who also owns and uses a well-kept C37 - the humble tool on loan to be back-engineered.

The replica

After a couple of weeks and 12 man-hour lathing, cutting, polishing and punching, the missing part was revived and finally re-installed in the elastic holder in the heads block.

The stereo heads-block, now “complete” with new T-tool.


… yes! I also re-installed a T-tool in mono heads-block as it was in 2018 😏 

Switzerland 🇨🇭 0 - Italy 🇮🇹. 1

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

P.S. - I made some more of these tools for friends in my same situation… if interested please contact me 🤟🎶🤟



No comments: