Search this Blog

Pageviews

Tuesday, September 14, 2021

Cheap Thrills 😏

 

Yes!!! Cheap thrills, the title of this seminal recording of Janis Joplin and her group… but also my very feeling while listening to this cassette on my trusty, humble Nakamichi 600 deck.



The K7, cassette despite the (presumably) low-fi status owns a seldom heard plus: this beefy, a bit rolled-off (same as my hearing?) sound directly connects to my early musical years: I loved music more than gears and a transistor portable radio was able to give me shivers and a soundtrack for my early sexual explorations, alone and with my girlfriends 😏😀😊😎😏.

I’m constantly surprised about this seldom quoted feature- i.e. audio working as time-machine!

All the hypes and ultra-technical audiophile lingo is easily forgotten, redundant and unnecessary: music flows, remembering the good ol’ days… and that’s what music’s for.

A Satori 😇


No comments: