Search this Blog

Pageviews

Thursday, February 6, 2020

DaVa FC-A1 - the epilogue



This early morning, I completed my tasting and testing of the beautiful, unique field-coil beauty from Lithuania.



Played with VTA using the Lencohell's Corian platter/mat and gave a quick listen to Peerless 4725 and to TdP's The Head... forgetting... the Misho Myronov's Wooden Phono Stage was the DaVa's companion, feeding Thomas Mayer line stage, WE420A amp and Gotorama with passive Goto crossovers.


The Western electric 618B is - to my ears - the best DaVa's partner, period.

A sense of free-flowing seldom experienced.

... yet, at first, the sound was - sort of - lacking the magic I experienced yesterday for about three hours...

... mumbling, I quickly found the issue was my fault... I exaggerated VTA - i.e. too high... with cartridge at 90° with disc surface.


I brought it back as it was yesterday afternoon (see above the front tilt) and voilà! 

The magic was back in spades... please look at picture for full understanding.

Huge dynamic, broader than life imaging with depth and detailing to die for...

Everything was here like with smaller system, only more...

A truly lysergic experience.

A bravo to Darius Valiunas for his really good hands and ears... he created a statement!

P.S. - before leaving Studietto a few moments ago I fondly caressed the field coil... she gave me a warm body reply to my fingers... such a cutie!

It's love at first listen, folks!





No comments: