Search this Blog

Pageviews

Wednesday, February 5, 2020

Darius Valiunas' DaVa FC-A1 cartridge listening sessions...




My sloth-like nature won for a couple of weeks, since I got the Lithuanian handmade cartridge from the builder himself... I kept it on a shelf, waiting for a Litz cable with miniature contacts for 12V PSU to be made by a skilled friend...










Only a few days ago I had this apparently humble and easy cable made and am now beginning the tasting(s).

Will report, soon...

For the moment, after a brief and aborted trial with Ortofon RMG309 and Archè headshell,  not giving to me the right flexibility for repeated VTF and VTA fine tunings, I decided to use my Siggwan Cocobolo, a user-dream with its separate arm wand, so convenient.

I'm using the DaVa's with my G88 in slate and Siggwan in a slate/bronze armpod, with WE 618B as MC-SUT (but will be swapping on all my available SUTs, just for my personal pleasure and knowledge).

The sound is just  I N C R E D I B L E after first discs... I'm still finding the words to describe the surprise and sense of free flowing music and slam and dynamics and detailing...

Stay tuned... I'll possibly win my resistance to also try on Garrardzilla.







No comments: