Search this Blog

Pageviews

Wednesday, July 24, 2024

Sooooooo saaaaad news 😥😥😥 John Mayall passed away 😥😥😥

 


I swear: I’m right now listening to beloved “Bare Wires” and yesterday I enjoyed “USA Union” and “Blues from Laurel Canyon”… and I just read the news.







John Mayall has been a constant musical presence for me since early ‘70s when I discovered his “The Turning Point” and  “Jazz Blues Fusion”, and then all his amazing recordings, a true goldmine and a smooth soundtrack of my whole life.







I’m really, really sad… he was 90 years old, but what the heck! you don’t think Mount Everest will never die!

Here is an obituary (cut&paste) from JM official site.

It is with heavy hearts that we bear the news that John Mayall passed away peacefully in his California home yesterday, July 22, 2024, surrounded by loving family. Health issues that forced John to end his epic touring career have finally led to peace for one of this world’s greatest road warriors. John Mayall gave us ninety years of tireless efforts to educate, inspire and entertain.




In a 2014 interview with The Guardian, John reflected, “[blues] is about – and it’s always been about – that raw honesty with which [it expresses] our experiences in life, something which all comes together in this music, in the words as well. Something that is connected to us, common to our experiences.” That raw honesty, connection, community and playing of his will continue to affect the music and culture we experience today, and for generations to come.”
RIP, dear John 💫💎💫 you made myself and countless others happy with your burnished nice voice and music 💫🥇🔝🙏🙏🙏💫


No comments: