Search this Blog

Pageviews

Friday, May 10, 2019

Serge Rogozyansky's Karmadon Bandage rim-idler wheel turntable



Folks: the following few pictures represent to me more, MUCH more than all the hyper-polished, hyper priced and hyper-hyped M.O.C. pictures hugely and heavily circulating these days everywhere on the WEB, period.

The above lapidary statement is my strong opinion, the very reason why I'm still so fond of audio... like my friend Sierra Aznar Victor - the former owner of this beauty - so nicely pointed it out, it's man-made gears for man...

A bespoke piece of gears, be them mechanical, electro-mechanical or electronic, simply owns a soul lacking to mass-made gears.





This elegant, yet no frills turntable reminds me a Commonwealth or Byer from Downunder or a Presto or a Rec-o-kut, from USA but Serge, the maker of my beloved Karmadon's Gray replica, is a man of taste and knowledge whose skill simply is at the service of music... he's not a copycat, he's a fine lathing artist and a creator of music machines.

His gears price-tags are always surprisingly honest, down-to-earth... how it should be to make our (audio) passion more palatable to a broader audience.

Not by chance, Serge is a close friend of my pal Misho Myronov of Audio Antiquary/WoodenAmp's fame... same approach, out of the choir, yet singing with purest of voices in a Flat Earth.

I wish to Serge all the success he deserves... looking forward in personally deepening my close encounter with this bespoke, seldom seen turntable.

Spasibo, Serge.



No comments: