Search this Blog

Pageviews

Monday, January 25, 2010

The Amorphous Androgynous




... sitars, acoustic guitars, tablas, spacey electric guitars... a dream group I wasn't aware of... of course... thanking Mojo magazine, I recently filled the gap...

They're a mix between Quintessence from early '70s, some Matt Valentine and Erika Elder (MV+EE) stuffs with Jerry Garcia-like solos and some (personal ref...) anonymous music I listened to when 14 or 15 years old at a freak gathering where people - all students older than myself - was smoking dope and playing free-form improvised acoustic music... acoustic guitars, bongos, voices...

An experience (music, NOT cannabis...;-))) which - plainly said - changed my life.

TAA are - it's my opinion - a well worth listening for everyone into acoustic music, yet NOT that yuppie wall-paper-like muzak (once?) called New Age...

Sincere, welcome... I loved them

No comments: