Search this Blog

Pageviews

Sunday, August 14, 2022

What’s this beauty? Toho 🥇

 



Yes… a Toho 15” arm!




Handmade in Japan by an ultra-specialized small manufacturer also producing fantastic large-format cameras.



I truly fell in love for this wooden arm and felt both happy for the owner and jealous for not owning it myself 😏





Look at the details: this truly is among the best arms I ever handled… I trust will be soon able to experience the sound of this rare, sought-after masterpiece.

Thanks to my friend Marco for proudly showing his treasure(s).


P.S. - Toho was also making this interesting TH-80 universal arm-mount, separated from turntable motor, a solution I also advocate and use myself.




Also worth having a look to other Toho’s handicrafts: TH-100 arm base and turntable(s) plinth(s).








1 comment:

Krise said...

Interesting arm. And also interesting that you prefer the arm separate. It's hard to do meaningful comparisons as so much changes when you detach the arm from the plinth and put it on a separate piece but my experiments always led me towards coupling them. Underlying theory is that if there is vibration, the two should vibrate in unison and not separately. Like when having dinner on a boat you might want to have your chair and the table on the same boat and not a separate one.