Search this Blog

Pageviews

Saturday, July 30, 2022

So I Write

 

Sidsel Endresen’s “So I Write” on ECM was the disc I searched in some of my records-bins and when I finally found it… I already fully understood the character of the brand-new Analogtechnik’s VVS cartridge.


Nonetheless, after the search, I felt I had to honor my perseverance and gave a listen to this nice, nice record.

I played this disc countless times - i. e. timbre of instruments and Sidsel’s nose-y/throaty unique voice are superbly captured.

When I began listening to the above something happened: I recognized all the pieces going on, but it was like I was walking in a corridor in dimmed golden sunlight where the oblique sharpness of light was magnifying previously hidden humble details… imagine a carpet on floor where you see your wife’s blonde hair, gloriously lightening in sunlight.

Important or not… you notice something new, previously unnoticed, like a wooden-floor knot reminding your late dog…

Everything is so suspended in time and space…

Same listening to “So I Write”: a noise in the studio, other musicians breathing you never noticed… everything sounds so brand-new under the bronze sunlight… aehm: with this awesome cartridge which captured all my senses and changed my mood from feverish to meditative and quiet.

I defined the DST15 VVS a Stargate: no, I was wrong! It’s more a Godsend from the Outer Space, a Music of Spheres’ antenna.

On this ECM disc you experience a sense of tension and continuity due to the almost magical handling of notes decaying which brings you - the listener - not just into the studio as a spectator behind the control-room bullet-proof glass,  but seated in awe, mouth-watering, among the musicians, and jumping at every rhythmic or soloing changes… 

This sense of being part of the musical event isn’t hyped reviewer lingo, folks: I felt as a part of a “system”!

Room, chair, music, gears, myself ARE a System in modulating-mode… I recently experienced about 30 minutes of virtual reality with VR goggles and fluctuating chair… the experience I had yesterday in my Studietto was more like VR than conventional audio: same as I was captured by the 360* multi-sensory experience, listening to Garrardzilla and VVS on The Peak 13” arm with TdP’s The Head SUT captured  me at 100% of my attention capabilities, engulfing my senses, broadening the load on multi-layered informations emerging from the disc.

I’m so impressed… overwhelmed… surprisingly relaxed, yet attentive and vibrating, inexplicably: So I Write 😊



No comments: