Search this Blog

Pageviews

Wednesday, November 10, 2021

Back to recording - Gianluigi Trovesi, Adalberto and Andrea Ferrari 🥇🎶🤟🎶🥇

 


It was 18 months from last recording… it was like a music-less apnea ❤️‍🩹



Yesterday had the honor and pleasure of recording this seldom seen and heard clarinets trio which I recorded with my trusty Sound Devices 722 at 24bit/192khz resolution using for the first time the updated, restored B&O BM5 ribbon stereo mike with new +6db sensitivity bespoke transformers by XAudia. 







The sonic results were above my expectations: awesome inner details, spaciousness and depth, dynamics to die for.

My Neumann USM69 sounds more colored and euphoric in comparison… this cheap B&O is a well-kept secret wolf in sheep skin 😏, a marvelous microphone, indeed.

… the music?

Well: I was moved to the deep chatting with musicians… maestro Trovesi is an humble genius, a witty 77 years young gentleman whose skill and good taste enriched several recordings I own on ECM, Alpha and many more… from Jazz to ancient, classical and contemporary music, his clarinets are a unique voice in a 50+ years career.

Such a pleasure… Adalberto and Andrea Ferrari with Gianluigi Trovesi captured the audience with their impressionistic compositions and improvisations.

I felt (and feel!) alive, again 💪🙏🎶🥇🤟😏🥂💪🙏

Thanks to the musicians, to my sensei Prof. Tullio Mauro and to the local Conservatory of Music 🙏🙏🙏






🎶🎶🎶🥇🎶🎶🎶



No comments: