Search this Blog

Pageviews

Friday, November 27, 2020

William Russo, Seiji Ozawa and Corky Siegel on DG

 

The Kid Amp, with Telefunken 6080


I own this very disc since I was a kid, fond of blues and obscure groups and soloists...



I found it quoted on a discography of Siegel/Schwall Band and was surprised the disc was issued by Deutsche Gramophone label!

During the decades, it happened I found two more copies and a 4 tracks DG 19cm/s tape, which I still cherish.

The music is lively, a pastiche of orchestral and harmonica and barrelhouse piano and tambourine, and the recording... THE RECORDING!!! is of awesome quality: dynamic and explosive on attacks.

I listened to this masterpiece yesterday, further exploring the sonic merits of a Telefunken 6080 double triode, so clear and detailed.

The single instruments are incredibly carved in space, rocks steady and real lifelike... the stomping foot of Corky Siegel at the piano are shaking the building... the harmonica moaning are so rich of... harmonics 😊 


The mighty little amp is truly extracting the soul of music!


No comments: