Search this Blog

Pageviews

Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Disc of the Year - Ancient Turkish Music in Europe - Kecskes Ensemble, with Renè Clemencic/Esmail Vasseghi - Dir. by Andras Kecskes (Hungaroton SLPX 12560)





This was the VERY last disc missing in my HUGE Clemencic's collection... I knew of this very disc thanking my friend Frank, who found it by chance in Austria for cheap.






I paid more but thanking the always useful DISCOGS' I was able to find a mint copy... in Lithuania;-)


This is - as a Japanese pal told me "one of the VERY best in whole Hungaroton catalog"... and I SURE agree: it's an absolute masterpiece, both sonically AND musically.


Percussions of every size and shimmering cymbals are top quality: oud, saz, flutes and a female voice are all well here... and I mean here in my room.


The cymbals are of truly seldom heard beauty: freely resonating, not harsh but naturally ringing with harmonics a-plenty.


As a plus, this disc, as many, many others by Renè Clemencic, represents a freedom and brotherhood dream made true - i.e. people of different religions, nationalities, languages playing together, in peace, in the name of the one and only, truest of arts: Music.


Please browse the web to grab your copy, folks...


.


No comments: