Search this Blog

Pageviews

Monday, February 14, 2011

Western Electric 437A's musings?!?!? The Death is always sad when a triode dies...




... and when it's a N.O.S. Western Electric 437A... me too!

While making order among my pictures files on my Mac - uh, uh... feeling always better saying this:-))) - I found these "sad" still-life shots taken shortly after it happened... ohhh, I well remember when it happened... a nightmare-ish "crick" while inserting a tube in my new (it was, back in November 2009) Thomas Mayer's LCR phono-stage and... voila'!

World (and myself) were both poorer, as a superbly sounding WE 437A died in my hands...

The shot was taken in a gothic-tinted atmosphere, while my heart and wallet were both bleeding copiously:-), in the company of a leaf from a Lindau-am-Bodensee's garden:-)

... dead leaves and triodes are companions to each other, brothers... aehm, sisters (?!?) in arms.

Seriously: an intriguing, different way to look at a 437A, so naked without its mirror-like getter...

... and a lesson: always pay attention while inserting and pulling off any tube - also shittiest Chinese no-name ECC83 - in its sockets... the "noise" you could experience is among most terrifying ever!

... was forgetting: thanks to the late Gregory Corso.

1 comment:

2A3 Maniac said...

I am really sorry for your loss and extend my deepest sympathies...
Sincere condolences