A closer-view at the new ivory heel-cap on my ‘07 Martin OM-42 💫
An American aßhøle on a Facebook Martin’s group doubted this to be pre-ban/CITES certified legal ivory (something my luthier and myself are 110 % sure, but - most of all - why should I lie on this?!?) and when I disproved, he reminded to me it’s an illegal material: while well-aware of rules on the matter and apologizing to the elephant donor, I reminded him Steinway and Bösendörfer specifically asked to their ivory wholesalers for a grain-free material for their premium keyboards and CITES-certified ivory is tolerated in luthiery.
As I was strongly tempted to open a nasty confrontation, before writing it’s also illegal bombing Vietnam, Afghanistan, Iran and Iraq, for example… but I resisted the delicious temptation, remaining verbally non-violent 🤣😇🤣 and got my temper, just canceling the post on FB.
A lesson: never offer pearls to swine… they won't appreciate them!
😉🤭🤔
💫


No comments:
Post a Comment