Search this Blog

Pageviews

Thursday, June 20, 2013

Claudio Rocchi passed away on June 18th!



My friend Gab told me, today...

My heart is bleeding, folks...

He has been my mentor, the man I thanked every day of my musical life for introducing to Shawn Philips, Jefferson Airplane, Crosby & Nash, Allan Taylor and many, many others when broadcasting at Radio Rai (Per Voi Giovani, Popoff, Radio Starship and other programs he enriched with his musical choices...).

I fell in love for 12 strings acoustic guitars after attending at his '70s concerts when he was using those sought-after Gibsons'...


... and his discs: Volo Magico n. 1, La Norma del Cielo (Volo Magico n. 2), Essenza... a younger me was deeply changed, forever...


He has been a man of HUGE integrity and compassion...

A wise, an humble genius... uncompromising and always true to his trueness, uniqeness and identity.

Love and live forever, dear Claudio.

R.I.P. and condolences to Susanna and to myself and the many, many who sincerely loved him.



No comments: