Monday, August 23, 2010
News from David Sylvian's SamadhiSound
David's compilation of collaborative recordings made over the past decade or so and entitled 'Sleepwalkers' will be available from Sept 27th. We'll be taking pre-orders from the end of August. We'll post more details closer to the actual date.
A number of the tracks have been given a subtle remix by David to bring them in line with his personal requirements while others have been given more obvious updates and changes. All the material has been completely remastered.
As previously reported the track listing is as follows:
01. Sleepwalkers (with Martin Brandlmayr)
02. Money for all (with Nine Horses)
03. Ballad of a deadman feat. Joan Wasser (with Steve Jansen)
04. Angels (with Jan Bang and Erik Honoré aka Punkt)
05. World citizen - I won't be disappointed (with Ryuichi Sakamoto/Chasm mix)
06. Five lines (with Dai Fujikura/ previously unreleased)
07. The day the earth stole heaven (with Nine Horses)
08. Playground martyrs (with Steve Jansen)
09. Exit/delete (with Masakatsu Takagi)
10. Pure genius (with Tweaker)
11. Wonderful world (with Nine Horses)
12. Transit (with Christian Fennesz)
13. The world is everything (with Takuma Watanabe)
14.Thermal (with Arve Henriksen)
15. Sugarfuel (with Readymade FC)
16. Trauma (solo outtake from Blemish)
Compilation produced by David Sylvian.
Little Girls With 99 Lives by Ingrid Chavez
31.07.10: Permalink » Little Girls With 99 Lives by Ingrid Chavez
The four songs written and recorded by David Sylvian and Ingrid Chavez in the mid to late 90's, which were previously only available on the B-sides of various singles released by Virgin Records, are collected here for the first time. Available in a new digipak designed by Sylvian and, in keeping with some of the intimate themes addressed in the material, the artwork features images of Ingrid as a young girl. Each copy is signed and numbered by both Sylvian and Chavez and the pressing is strictly limited to 1000. There will be no reprinting of the edition once it has sold out.
18.06.10: Permalink » Manafon vinyl edition
The Manafon Vinyl Edition will be released on the 26th July. It will only be available as a pre-order from samadhisound.com initially, and then from specialist retailers from 26th July.
This two-disc deluxe vinyl version of Manafon is produced to the highest standards in a heavy, rigid card gatefold sleeve with design by Chris Bigg and featuring artwork by Ruud Van Empel and Atsushi Fukui. This release is limited to a one time pressing of 1200 units, and will be priced at $40.00 (US)
Both vinyl discs are manufactured in the UK using 180gm heavyweight vinyl, the album was mastered at Metropolis Mastering, London. Each disc comes in a printed card slip-case, and the entire package was manufactured by the same team that produced the Deluxe Manafon edition.
Spread over four sides, the album comes with a bonus track, a remix of "Random Acts of Senseless Violence" by acclaimed contemporary classical composer Dai Fujikura, which was previously unavailable outside of Japan.
For track listing, packshots and ordering details, visit the Samadhisound shop.
Posted by twogoodears at 8/23/2010 03:13:00 PM